Congratulations on taking the next step to leveling up your LiveOps!
To help you get the most out of UserWise, we've put together this guide to walk you through planning out your UserWise implementation.
Setting up your UserWise implementation will take coordination between your LiveOps and Development teams, to create the initial set-up once before the LiveOps team leads the day-to-day. *Tip: Send your Dev team the Technical Documentation so they can review the upcoming implementation.
Consider the following questions before starting your implementation.
- Which first game will you setting up UserWise in?
- Is the game already live or a new game? Pre-existing games may have an existing method to schedule and deliver content and offers.
- Make a list of all current LiveOps information. A few examples include:
- What is the source of truth for your current LiveOps scheduling and configuring
- Hard-coded events*
- Configurations and events currently done over the air
- Server information
- Commonly used spreadsheets
- Other internal tools currently in use, including analytics
- *Tip: Converting your hard-coded events into events that can be configured over the air will allow you to re-use those events in novel ways to different segments.
The LiveOps Goals
There are a nearly limitless number of things you can do with UserWise, so you'll need to pick with where you want to start. Here are the most common goals to help you get started:
- Scheduling & Configuring Campaigns and Events*
- Configuring Special Offers and Bundles
- Player Messaging
- *Tip: Events can include a vast variety of event types, including things that happen on a schedule like daily/weekly quests or holiday events as well as things that happen when a trigger is met, such as when a player reaches a certain level or collects a certain amount of in game currency.
For each of these goals, write out the subsets of information that UserWise will use for segmentation and configuration. A few include:
- Attributes for segmentation - examples include player level, event completion, currency amounts, in-app spend, etc. *Tip: As many of the attributes you will be using to segment and configure events are the same that you already track, review how you currently ingest those attributes - UserWise can be added at the same points.
- Message types - Notification boards, player messages with reward/gift attachment, push notifications, etc.
- Static game information including App Store identifiers / variables and plaintext names for currencies, items, and App Store products.
- Localizations files for any LiveOps configured in UserWise.
Depending on your game's needs, determine if you will be implementing via the UserWise Unity SDK or a Server to Server integration. Review the UserWise technical documentation.
*Tip: Pre-existing games may find a Server to Server implementation easier to fit their current ecosystem.
You have your information ready to set up your first event! Head to Setting Up Your First Campaign for next steps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.